This is my top 5 Atlantic storms
1. Hurricane Philippe
This is my #1 storm for these reasons:
- It fought against wind shear,
- It lasted 15 long days, the longest storm in 3 years, and
- It became a hurricane in the face of deadly wind shear.
2. Hurricane Ophelia
This is my #2 storm for these reasons:
- It degenerated, then regenerated (like Emily did),
- It became a hurricane over wind shear,
- It further became a Category 4 over the high shear, and
- made landfall in Newfoundland still tropical.
3. Hurricane Maria